ATS2331/ATS3331: Music Overseas Study Program 1
This unit allows students to undertake a 2 week course of music study at NYU (New York University) studying with School of Music staff Monash and NYU staff with regular w/shops from visiting artists.
This unit combines cutting-edge education with master classes and workshops by the finest musicians in New York City. This two-week workshop offers courses covering a wide range of subjects and a diverse ensemble program.
Along with NYU and Monash staff, the workshops will include daily interaction with musicians and educators from around the world, making this a unique opportunity that could only be offered in Greenwich Village, the mecca for jazz and pop music; and for strings, New York City is one of the major hubs of classical music in the world.
Click here for detailed program information which includes key dates, program fee details and financial information.
Areas of study
You will be required to submit a personal statement as part of your application. Write a brief personal statement (no more than 250 words) which answers the following questions:
Why would you like to undertake this program?
What do you hope to learn from this program?
How do you plan to manage the intensive study workload? List the strategies and resources you would use.
When group dynamics become uncomfortable, what strategies do you put in place to maintain a positive experience?
- For program fee details such as cost, inclusions and exclusions, refer to the program website.
- You will be required to pay the Program fee deposit of $500 at the time of application - pay using 'Shop Monash'.
- Tuition fees: Monash students will be charged fees according to their verified funding status. This fee will appear on your Monash Fee Statement.
Student Travel Insurance
- You must have a valid Passport that does not expire until AT LEAST six months after the program end date. If you do not have a valid passport please organise now!
Faculty Pre-Departure Information Session
- Please refer to Student Travel Insurance for further information on the insurance policy. Please read the information before asking Monash Abroad any questions about your insurance.
When you have completed your application:
- The compulsory pre-departure session will be held approximately 6 weeks before departure. Refer to the program website for venue and date information.
- Click SUBMIT APPLICATION - or the application will remain pending and will not be assessed.