ATS2170/ATS3170: Applied Social Entrepreneurship (40K Globe)
At the conclusion of the overseas component, students will return and undertake a number of online academic activities to help you develop an in-depth understanding of social entrepreneurship.
This unit aims to develop students' intercultural competency and to foster their sense of global citizenship through academically relevant international experiences. Students will be required to undertake tasks which involve research and reflection prior to departure, during and after the conclusion of the in-country program elements.
Click here for detailed program information which includes key dates, program fee details and financial information.
There are New Colombo Plan Mobility Grants of $3,000 available for this program.
Funding will be distributed to students who have been accepted into the program and assessed upon their personal statements.
How to apply for New Colombo Plan Mobility Funding:
1. Check the eligibility requirements for the New Colombo Plan Grants.
2. Apply for the study program, and submit your personal statement, indicating you meet the New Colombo Plan eligibility requirements.
There is a two-part application process for this program:
Monash Faculty of Arts application process
Applications will be assessed based on academic achievement. Once approved by Monash Faculty of Arts, you will be nominated and contacted to complete your selected program's application process.
40K Globe application process
: If your Monash application is successful, you will be nominated to 40K Globe
and will be contacted to complete 40K Globe's
Additional Requirement: Personal Statement
You will be required to submit a personal statement as part of your application. Write a brief personal statement (no more than 250 words) outlining the following:
Why would you like to undertake this program
What inspired you to apply for this program
What would you like to learn from this program
What skills, experience or insight could you bring to the group
Student Travel Insurance
- You must have a valid Passport that does not expire until AT LEAST six months after the program end date. If you do not have a valid passport please organise now!
Faculty Pre-Departure Information Session
- Please refer to Student Travel Insurance for further information on the insurance policy. Please read the information before asking Monash Abroad any questions about your insurance.
- The compulsory pre-departure session will be held approximately 6 weeks before departure. Refer to the program website for venue and date information.
Press SUBMIT APPLICATION - or the application will remain pending and will not be assessed.